Aadhaar updation made easy
As per recent amendments to ‘Prevention of Money Laundering Act’ (PMLA) by Government of India, it is mandatory to update your Aadhaar number against your Deutsche Bank account. Last date to update your Aadhaar number is March 31, 2018.
It has been our endeavor to help you update your Aadhaar details as easily and quickly as possible. This is why we are providing you with multiple ways to update your Aadhaar.
Click to link
Link your Aadhaar number with your Deutsche Bank account online, with ease. Simply provide your details and Aadhaar number to update.
SMS to 561615
Update your Aadhaar number by sending SMS to 561615 in the below format from your mobile number registered with the bank:
AU <12-digit Aadhaar number> <last 4 digits of your customer ID>
You can also update your Aadhaar number at the branch:
- Post your Aadhaar copy* to Customer Care, Deutsche Bank AG, Post Box 9095, Goregaon (East), Mumbai - 400063 or
- Walk-in to the nearest Deutsche Bank branch with your Aadhaar copy*. Click here to locate your branch.
• Individual customers to provide separate Aadhaar copy/ies for all account holders in case the account is a joint account.
• Non-individual / corporates customers have to submit Aadhaar card copies of all authorised signatories and beneficial owners with a print out of duly filled Annexure 1, for their account with the Bank, if they are eligible to be enrolled for Aadhaar number. Click here to download Annexure 1.
By providing your Aadhaar Number, you authorise Deutsche Bank to authenticate your Aadhaar details with Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
For any queries contact our phone banking team on 18602666601# or 18001236601 (toll free number).
#Customers outside India need to dial +91 22 6601 6601. Customers in Mumbai can also call at +91 22 6601 6601. Call charges apply.
Frequently asked questions
Is it mandatory to update my Aadhaar number with Deutsche Bank Account?
What is the deadline to update my Aadhaar number with Deutsche Bank?
I do not have Aadhaar Number.
Visit https://uidai.gov.in/ for Aadhaar Enrolment & Update Centers in Banks & Post offices.
I have applied for my Aadhaar number but have still not received the same.
Is Aadhaar number update required only for bank accounts or loans as well?
How do I link my Aadhaar with my DB Account?
Linking your Aadhaar with your DB Account is very easy.
- You can click here https://www.deutschebank.ngm-fi.com/Db_ekyc_add/HomePage.jsp to directly link your Aadhaar number to your Deutsche Bank account.
- Walk into any of our branches with a copy of Aadhaar and our teams will be happy to assist you
- Send your Aadhaar copy (with your customer id or bank account clearly written on it) to Deutsche Bank AG, post box 9095, Goregaon (East), Mumbai – 400063
- Send a SMS to 561615 as AU <space> Aadhaar number <space> last 4 digits of your customer ID, from your registered mobile number
Do I need to update Aadhaar for Minor accounts?
Yes, Linking of Aadhaar is applicable for all accounts including minors. You can update your Aadhaar details via the channels mentioned in point 7 above.
Aadhaar submitted should be in the name of the minor for more details visit https://uidai.gov.in/your-aadhaar/help/faqs.html
Is Aadhaar applicable to Non-residents?
In case a customer is a non-resident, Aadhaar is not applicable / mandatory (but if they are already holding Aadhaar card same can be updated)
In case the stay in India has been more than 182 days in the twelve months immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment, Aadhaar number updation would become mandatory.
Reference: As per the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016, only a resident individual is entitled to obtain Aadhaar. Resident as per the said Act means an individual who has resided in India for a period or periods amounting in all to one hundred and eighty-two days or more in the twelve months immediately preceding the date of application for enrolment.
I am a foreign national working in India. Is it mandatory for me to link Aadhaar number in bank records?
I had submitted a request for updating my Aadhaar number with Deutsche Bank but my request was unsuccessful due to mismatch. What should I do?
The above scenario occurs most commonly if there is a mismatch of demographic information (name, gender and date of birth) between Deutsche Bank and UIDAI records.
To solve this, as a first step, please check your name and date of birth on your Aadhaar Card and Deutsche Bank records.
How do I check?
- Deutsche Bank records - Please login to your Deutsche bank Online or refer to your cheque book or any other statement issued by the bank.
- UIDAI records - Refer to your Aadhaar Card or download your e-Aadhaar from https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
What to do if there is a mismatch?
In case your name or date of birth in Deutsche Bank records and UIDAI records are not identical, you can update your Aadhaar number using one of the following two methods:
- Scenario 1- Name or DOB incorrect in UIDAI: Edit your UIDAI records and resubmit your request by referring to the question – “How do I update my Aadhaar with Deutsche Bank?”
- Scenario 2 – Name or DOB is incorrect in Deutsche Bank records:
- Name mismatch (includes change in surname after marriage, legal name change, difference in sequence): In this case, please get your name updated in Deutsche Bank records, please visit your nearest branch to submit the required documents.
- Date of Birth mismatch: In this case, please get your date of birth updated in Deutsche Bank records, please visit your nearest branch to submit the required documents.
Click here to download the change request form to update your name, address or date of birth change in Deutsche Bank records.
What would the bank do with the Aadhaar provided by me?
What are Non Individual accounts?
Is Aadhaar Mandatory for Non Individual accounts?
I have a Non - Individual Current account with the bank. What is the process of linking Aadhaar in Authorized Signatories and Beneficial Owners customer id?
- You can visit the page https://www.deutschebank.ngm-fi.com/Db_ekyc_add/HomePage.jsp to directly link your Aadhaar number with your Deutsche Bank account.
- Walk into any of our branches with a copy of Aadhaar (with filled in Annexure 1) and our teams will be happy to assist you:
Send your Aadhaar copy/ies (with filled in Annexure 1) to Deutsche Bank AG, post box 9095, Goregaon (East), Mumbai – 400063